best way to develop domains?
I have purchased and found very useful Zach’s Domain Ebook….well worth the price I might add!

But, I have a question not covered in his book:

What’s the best way to go about developing a domain with a template site? Is using on of GoDaddy’s a good way to go, or is another outfit better? I manage and develop several sites for organizations, and I want to resist the temptation to spend too much time designing my own site.

So what works best? Any advice that experienced domainers could share with me would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin Lee
Kevin Lee Wrote:I have purchased and found very useful Zach’s Domain Ebook….well worth the price I might add!

But, I have a question not covered in his book:

What’s the best way to go about developing a domain with a template site? Is using on of GoDaddy’s a good way to go, or is another outfit better? I manage and develop several sites for organizations, and I want to resist the temptation to spend too much time designing my own site.

So what works best? Any advice that experienced domainers could share with me would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin Lee

Wouldn't it depend on how much time you wanted to put into the domain? I would think that a good template would suffice since you will be selling the domain. To do more would take time away from the business activities devoted to the sites wyou will keep.
I agree with Sagemother... why invest too much time if you are selling it anyway? Now if you think it will make you lots of money, then dedicate yourself a bit more to it and do something special.
Thanks....

Kevin
I have to add I have been experimenting with template sites. Check out my money help site and you will see how it is progressing. It was originally a template site. Each each I add and change the site. It's moving slowly because I now have 13 sites working and 7 more in development.

I feel if you take the time to get it to a pr of value and make it more individualistic you will get a greater dollar value in your sale. Each time you do this you will learn more and it will develop faster. Thus dollar values will increase.
Hi, I was just notified to check out this thread.

Thanks for the positive words on the book, i'm happy you like it.

But to answer your question, it depends on what you want to do with the site?

Is it purely for one-off PPC, or are you trying to build a visitor-base? You can do a lot with templates, but always try to keep in mind what your end users are going to feel when they visit the site. Do they want to see nice graphics, or do they want to see text? Would they mind popups, highly convering adsense positioning, banners, etc? Or would they prefer donations or payment in exchange for services.

Without more specifics is relatively hard to advise you.

Also there are many kinds of templates. Some are Made For Adsense sites, which consist in pre-written text and a (not so visually appealing) layout. You generally buy these on forums or ebay. Some are templates for proper full blown websiets, such as on http://www.templatemonster.com.

If you provide more info we'll help out Smile

Zach
If you can make your template site stand out compared to other sites using the same template or templates by the same designer, I think you could come out ahead in the "design hours" department.
I guess being original with the template design is crucial. The offerings of templates is very attractive. But it's like going to a dance, and someone has the same dress you do. OUCH!!Smile
Good point!

Since I've designed many Web sites, I just want to make sure that I don't spend too much time on a particular site... but your point is well taken.

Thanks again
Kevin
You're very welcome !!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Domains pricing and supported TLDs Williamhawk 0 1,873 12-21-2017, 04:58 AM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  Which is a best TLD for country domains? fourwings 1 3,100 12-19-2017, 01:04 PM
Last Post: domainname
  Are .net and .org domains taken less seriously? Shortie861 5 4,357 12-14-2017, 12:33 PM
Last Post: domainname
  Premium .SOCIAL Domains? Williamhawk 0 1,946 11-15-2017, 05:30 AM
  Autonomous & Driverless car domains? Williamhawk 0 1,944 11-08-2017, 12:00 PM
  Google Domains pricing and supported TLDs? Williamhawk 0 1,939 11-03-2017, 12:05 PM
  Cost of renewing .com domains? Williamhawk 0 1,807 10-27-2017, 01:44 PM
  Google Domains pricing and supported TLDs? Williamhawk 0 1,651 10-26-2017, 01:05 PM
  Purchasing domains to hold Shortie861 1 2,805 03-09-2016, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Misti
  Using free domains that come with free hosting Shortie861 1 2,653 03-09-2016, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Misti