TV shows domains
I noticed that when you type on Google, for example, Desperate Housewives, you get so many sites! Most of them are "private" while the official from ABC is just one. How good a business can that be, to register a domain around a TV show? Does anybody has that experience? Maybe to know ahead of time, like when the networks announce their pre-season, to register some domains with some TV show's names could make some good money if the show becomes popular. Anyone has ever registered a domain with a TVshow name?
I know this one guy who registers a domain name for each pilot episode that gets picked up by the networks. THey announce it pre summer time. It's a little risky, I mean, you never know what's going to take off. Who would have thought that of UglyBetty?
On the other side of the coin, everyone thought The9ine and SixDegrees would take off.
david47 Wrote:I know this one guy who registers a domain name for each pilot episode that gets picked up by the networks. THey announce it pre summer time. It's a little risky, I mean, you never know what's going to take off. Who would have thought that of UglyBetty?
On the other side of the coin, everyone thought The9ine and SixDegrees would take off.

I see it as an investment, because even those shows that don't become hits initially, and run only one season, still have some followers that become like a cult around that show. I can imagine that something related to Star Trek for example, makes a lot of money with all those closeted trekkies all over the world!
Well I think that something like this is a very good investment. Well it's a risk of course, but everything in life is a risk!
It's those times where the benefit of one good (successful shows) takes over the risk of the three bad (unsuccessful shows). Almost everything is a risk.
I think I'm going to look into that for the next TV season, just to give it a try. I mean, it is certainly an investment, but the chances of it making it, could have nice income if it turns out a success. Thanks for your comments!
Anyways for tv shows will you buy a .tv or a normal .com?
Thats risky, but if it comes out, you can have a huge potential on your investment. Its definately worth taking the risk in my opinion. I would buy a .com, that should always be your first choice when possible.
Anything connected with a successful T.V. show will attract a certain amount of attention. People are making money from all different angles and seems like the same would go for a T.V. domain.
If the show is good enough, and has viewers who can are interested in internet.
It will be a great idea. As many TV shows are not good enough for this.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DNS Server shows up as not configured Williamhawk 0 1,755 12-23-2017, 05:04 AM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  Google Domains pricing and supported TLDs Williamhawk 0 1,870 12-21-2017, 04:58 AM
  Which is a best TLD for country domains? fourwings 1 3,098 12-19-2017, 01:04 PM
Last Post: domainname
  Are .net and .org domains taken less seriously? Shortie861 5 4,356 12-14-2017, 12:33 PM
Last Post: domainname
  Premium .SOCIAL Domains? Williamhawk 0 1,945 11-15-2017, 05:30 AM
  Autonomous & Driverless car domains? Williamhawk 0 1,943 11-08-2017, 12:00 PM
  Google Domains pricing and supported TLDs? Williamhawk 0 1,937 11-03-2017, 12:05 PM
  Cost of renewing .com domains? Williamhawk 0 1,807 10-27-2017, 01:44 PM
  Google Domains pricing and supported TLDs? Williamhawk 0 1,649 10-26-2017, 01:05 PM
  Purchasing domains to hold Shortie861 1 2,801 03-09-2016, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Misti