all extensions?
I have found that popular sites are starting to purchase more extensions just incase someone thinks the domain is differen't. I was thinking about buying a redirect .com for my .info name. Do you think it's a good idea or just a waste of money?
That depends on how exclusive you want your site to be and whether you are willing to share traffic if you grow in popularity. If your site is simple and straightforward, you could cut corners, but with URLs so inexpensive right now, it's really recommended that you go ahead and buy the redirect. Customers tend to remember the first part of your web address easier than they remember the tail extension, which means that they might accidentally browse to an incorrect site thinking it's the right one.
Ditto what Hoosierhunter said. It really depends on your short or long term
goals, especially if you aim to protect your "brand" as much as you can.

If you can invest in such, why not?
I read the information about GoDaddy's hidden charges. I know this happens to all of us in some ways. Things that appear, in the beginning, to be advantagous turn out in reality to have us losing money.
Yeah once a site gets popular people will poach the other addresses. So if you have real plans for a site you should lock them up.
I think it's a method of insurance for future development. If you start to get popular and get regular customers, do you want to share them with people who catch on to your website's popularity? Chances are, you will have a lot of SEO in place to keep yourself the top of your keyword heap, but the thing is, it would be a total disappointment if you built your site well and someone swooped in with clever SEO and ranked above you, taking your traffic, with same-name, different extension site.
Ah I see. Thanks for the advice Hoosierhunter. It really helped. I was just going to buy multiple extensions for one of my websites.
No problem. I've heard of writers suffering this same issue when their books finally got published.
Yeah I think we all have times where we try to go to a website we have been to before and type the wrong extension and get some parked site or page. Happens on a regular basis to me. I either need a better memory or better bookmarks. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Domain extensions you avoid? Williamhawk 0 1,778 10-31-2017, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  Domain extensions you avoid Shortie861 3 3,250 04-27-2017, 10:06 AM
Last Post: MilesWeb
  Domain Extensions Domaineer 15 9,225 03-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Last Post: angel888