Why does this happened?
Yesterday I was doing a search for a friend while we were on the phone. She wanted to find out a cheap airline that operates here in Germany, and it was either HLX.com or HXL.com or either with .de for Hapag-Lloyd airlines. Well, on both times I got directed to a different and new airline called TUi. Then I remember I've heard that they bought the HLX airline. Now, how can you "re-direct" all the traffic that was destined to a different name? And the most annoying thing, it took a good 25 to 30 seconds until the loading of the page would let me do anything else on the browser! I mean, I couldn't even close the window and do a new search! Is that something the owner of the site can "plan ahead" or was it just an accident? Since my training has been more into TV production, I know there is NOTHING that happens just by chance, everything is well planned and thought... The experts, care to explain please??
What's your question? I see two:

How can you redirect to another site?
Why would you program a 30 second wait?
david47 Wrote:What's your question? I see two:

How can you redirect to another site?
Why would you program a 30 second wait?

Well, you understood my questions from what I explain! Thanks for putting them up so clearly for everyone to see. Now I need the answers! Who can tell me an answer? Thanks.
So you are asking if you got redirected accidentally or if it was planned?

of course it was planned, you need some code in the HTML to get redirected to another website!
How can you redirect to another site? Just go to your cPanel - there's an option there to redirect your domain.

Why would you program a 30 second wait? I have no idea. I wouldn't do that ever. Maybe just a mistake.
Sophie Wrote:How can you redirect to another site? Just go to your cPanel - there's an option there to redirect your domain.

Why would you program a 30 second wait? I have no idea. I wouldn't do that ever. Maybe just a mistake.

Thank you so much for answering! I guess the delay is also intentional, so the people getting into the site are forced to look at it long enough... the thing is, at least I was agravaded by the time I wasted, so I was not willing to even look in there anymore! That was a bad decision in marketing.
Well there was an advert or something like that? something that they are paid to view it to you?
tcm9669 Wrote:Well there was an advert or something like that? something that they are paid to view it to you?

No. It was a site to book cheap flights in Europe. I have no idea why they had that delay. I wouldn't do it to a potential client, because that would be too annoying.
berlinlife06 Wrote:No. It was a site to book cheap flights in Europe. I have no idea why they had that delay. I wouldn't do it to a potential client, because that would be too annoying.

Well then I must agree with you, there is no need to make that 30 second delay! who the hell needs a 30 seconds of his life wasted? In that manner I think that they will loose many clients!
Yeh I agree!

The way I work it out, there are 2488320000 seconds in the average life.

So that site wastes 00.0000012056327160493827160493827160494% of your life.

Bad bad bad redirect practices!

Zach