Recent hosting outage
I had a host whom I had used for over a year have an outage on my server where they were down for over 24 hours. While their policy reimburses me for a month, I am still not happy.

They had to go to backups two days old for some unknown reason, and on top of that, one of my sites simply did not have a proper database back up. Unfortunately they only keep backups for a single day, so I was screwed and had to virtually start over.

This was not one of my primary sites, so I dodged a bullet, which made me realize how close to disaster I really was. If it had been one of my other sites, I would have been in big trouble.
Have you switched now or did you stick with that host?

I see this fairly often with sites and while I haven't had the problem (yet), I've wondered about it and why.
Sorry to hear that. Can you name the host?

It is often worth shelling out a few extra dollars for stability and updates. There is a tendency to go against this, because poorer quality hosts have higher specs (terabytes of transfer, hundreds of gigabytes of space, etc.). It has taken a lot of time from me to move some of my sites to better servers, and it costs a lot more money (the extra dollars add up over time), but I feel that it's worth it. Obviously, this goes for sites with regular updates and content, not the smaller sites that I run.
Is this a classic you get what you pay for, or are their cheaper options which really will keep you up and running. Name names!!!!
Maybe this is one time when you get what you pay for in this service. If your are confident about who you're hosting with, then you are at peace even with the ups and downs of this decision.
I never faced any hosting outage.
I think i am with reliable company. They informs me when the payment time arrives. It makes me to pay at time. So there is not risk of any payment related hosting outage.
Well I have used this host for some of my sites for over a year now and been mostly happy. There was one other significant outage in that time. It was/is resellerzoom, and I don't really want to bad mouth them, because overall I am fairly happy. That being said, I have 3 accounts now with another provider, besides my account there. I am moving my largest site currently on reseller zoom to another host in the next few weeks.

Overall they are not bad, and the package is good, but once your sites start growing you need to upgrade or look elsewhere. The backup snafu does make it hard for me to trust them.
So your experience tells you that when you start to grow your needs in the domain change. And you will need to upgrade to someone else that meets your present goals.
I just get hosting outage for my clients site.
That was a forum. I wonder whats the problem actually is? When i put the address in address bar the cpanel login box appears automatically. Do you guys have solution for this?
Not sure I understand totally Deelip. If it is going to cpanel straight away, then something is set up wrong. Traditionally you only get to cpanel by either going to the webserver ip/cpanel, the webserver host name/cpanel or yoursitename.com/cpanel

if you go to http://www.yoursitename.com and it takes you to cpanel, then the host likely has it misconfigured or there is a bad redirect in place.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good Wordpress hosting plans are needed Bileator 3 47 2 hours ago
Last Post: JissyKarter
  Decent server hosting perovider ... what's that? Vanio 5 118 04-16-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Glaceptra
  Powerful server hosting account required Bileator 3 51 04-16-2024, 08:42 AM
  Hosting for openCart commerce-based online shop? Glaceptra 6 114 04-12-2024, 08:26 AM
Last Post: swisslayer
  Need a new vps hosting Bileator 6 152 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Lobster
  Media Hosting with 24/7 support? Bileator 7 163 04-05-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Lougalvi
  Wordpress Hosting? Bileator 7 181 04-04-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Lougalvi
  Video hosting solutions? Lougalvi 8 175 04-03-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: mazepa
  Video Site Hosting? MatterEnergy 5 76 03-20-2024, 09:58 AM
  Cheap hosting solution? (requirements inside) Glaceptra 7 114 03-18-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Upiter