New Money Source: Leasing Domains
I just received this email from DNJournal.com

We've just published a new article at DNJournal.com that will be of interest to domain owners who are considering the best way to monetize their names.

For years now the primary options have been to park your names and rely on pay per click revenue, develop your names and run ads from networks like Google AdSense or Yahoo Publisher (or sell space directly to advertisers) or to sell the domains for a profit.

Leasing domains has also been an option but due to the intricacies of contract negotiations and the legwork required to match advertisers with appropriate domains, it is something that only a handful of domain owners have tried.

That may be about to change. With the launch of a new site at LeaseThis.com

Friday (Jan. 19th), co-founders Jonathan Boswell, Ammar Kubba and Kevin Vo say their platform (based on patent pending technology) will make leasing as easy as domain parking and far more profitable.

If it pans out it, having another easy to implement method of monetization could bring even more attention from domain name investors and increase the value of your portfolio.

This may just bring us to another level with our investing.

DomainCroc

Domain Social Forums - Buy, Sell and Discuss Domains and Registration
I guess this could be a way of working out things with domains that are not developed but have the potential to do so because of the name... I think it would be something to look at within a couple of months or so, and see how it works. I am still too cautious on this, too coward to invest in something that I'm not sure how well can do. Thanks for the info!
Yes some premium domains owners can make a lot of money like this, and have in the past.

Check out www.purple.com and their leasing options:
http://www.purple.com/availability.html

I always wished that i had poker.com to lease Smile 6k/month easily!
I signed up right after getting the email too.

The auction houses missed this great way to get end users to make us money!

I like the idea as the whole time they are leasing my domain I am building traffic to it, thus increasing my value. The company that leases it can see the value of my domain and maybe decide to buy it!

That is the best way I can think of to get end users to start buying my domains.

Then too what if Katie who might have a Real Eatate company in La and her company name is Katies Real Estate, wants to get more of a high profile client. She may decide to lease my domain, californiarealestate.la

That sure sounds better to the "in" crowd she is marketing to. Celebs, stars and others with lots of money are going to go to my site and that can build her business. Her doing that will drive targeted traffic to my domain, even after she decides to stop leasing my domain.

Funny thing about looking into signing a lease with this account. I found that I had forgot to set the nameservers to Fabulous for the domain. I hand registered it in August of this year and it was pointing to the ornginal registrarr,l ol.

I wonder how much money I missed out by that oversight, Lol. PPc at Fabulous for Real Estate is over $5.00!
Interesting

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many domains have you got? hamiejox 4 4,650 08-17-2013, 06:32 AM
Last Post: Angelina4!
  Sell Lot of Domains rileynd17 0 2,450 01-21-2013, 06:05 AM
Last Post: rileynd17
  I'm new and selling adult domains .xxx $50 Domains321321 0 2,315 10-30-2012, 10:49 AM
Last Post: Domains321321
  advice needed - which domains not to drop from over 200 domains? cnet 0 2,002 03-30-2012, 11:32 PM
Last Post: cnet
  Worldwide domains Marketplace 123limelia 0 2,666 10-24-2011, 08:38 AM
Last Post: 123limelia
  Websites/Domains Available for Sale!!! compare_infobase 0 2,684 10-18-2011, 05:57 AM
Last Post: compare_infobase
  New user - selling domains kcarrero 2 3,646 06-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Last Post: HeatherWhite
  .info domains xtraze 12 8,502 01-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Last Post: webdevdomains
  Great domains show for the first time diamond2099 3 4,026 01-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Last Post: top cougar
  Very interesting domains at incredible prices Jbielsa 4 4,301 11-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Jbielsa