My Intro
Greetings all!

I feel like I'm a bit late to the domain party, but I actually have been involved with the web for about twelve years. Originally I started out as a web developer. Lately, most of my time has been spent in the search marketing (SEO, Paid) and web campaign and metrics world.

I currently work in a corporate web marketing environment, but am trying to make a go of this on my own. Currently I own about 150 domains, 99% of which are focused in the genealogy area.

I'm looking forward to learning from everyone here and can hopefully learn enough to return the favor to others in the future. That's my intro and I'm sticking to it! Big Grin
Hello, it's good to see you here.

It sounds like you have a great background of experience to apply to domain developing. I'm much more of a beginner, but I'm learning from the folks here. I'd be happy to share any info I have that may be of interest to others.

I'll see you around.
Welcome to our little forum! Here I'm sure you'll find many things that might interest you, as well as share some of your knowledge with other experts ans -like me- not experts at all but willing to learn! Welcome!
I would suggest that you diversify your offerings beyond genealogy. A couple of more areas at least. If nothing else, you should watch the market areas and see what is hot and what is about to become hot.
ACCER Wrote:I would suggest that you diversify your offerings beyond genealogy. A couple of more areas at least. If nothing else, you should watch the market areas and see what is hot and what is about to become hot.
Accer, I'd be curious as to why you feel that diversity into other areas would be better.

The reason I ask is because I've always felt that it's best to focus in on one area where you specialize and become knowledgeable about trends in that area. Any area, including genealogy has new elements which create new opportunity for domaining. It's also something that will be important in the years to come.

A trend today might be to focus in on an area like HDTV Converters, but how long will that be hot... maybe another year or two?

In any regard, I've got much to learn and would appreciate a little more insight into your suggestion to diversify.